• • Share

26 May, 2011

Jumping in June



In early June I’m writing 1 page plays for $2 a pop for the conceptual market street art gathering, The Cries of San Francisco on the 4th of June. As the Scribbler, I'll solicit starting lines from passers-by, and write a one-page play for the laughable sum of $2. Chalk this up to the age-old artistic principle of: "getting noticed and paid to do what you're already doing anyway".

For training, I've begun the free Fast15 playwriting exercise on my Ignacio Onstage fanpage. Chalk it up to the age-old mercantile tradition of: "the first hit's always free."




Later this June...



Mid June I’m traveling to NYC for 9 days to see a couple of shorts I have in a couple of festivals.

I'm seeing Passenger at the Kraine and The Fellowship at Native Aliens.

Passnger runs in Program 4 of Endtimes: 6/10 at 8, 6/16 at 6:30, 6/20 at 8:30, 6/25 at 3:30, 6/28 at 6:30, 7/1 at 8, and 7/3 at 6

Finally, closer to year's end:


Bindlestiff reopens in SF and features a one-act I wrote for their writing workshop – that one-act might also be featured at a fundraiser for ACPA in Oakland on June 19th.