• • Share

04 March, 2012

Spring 2012 Newsletter

I recently had it pointed out to me that I was involved in no less than 6 theatre projects in the space of 7 days. I think I may have taken the gluttony of Mardi Gras a step too far! In addition to a day of rest on this past Ash Wednesday, this merits a Spring 2012 newsletter.

Enjoy!

1. Last Friday 2/24/12, Taste Better Wit staged my sketch of sibling rivalry reaching biblical proportions in KANO & ABE. Check out the newest SOMA black box theatre at 6th and Natoma for another showing of the script in June with TBW.



2. A party, a party! This one’s for Playground company, friends, and family. Booze, entertainment, mock-awards ceremony, and all the usual hob-nobbery. Saturday March 17th at the Swedish American Hall above Café Du Nord. $5 cover, no one turned away for lack of funds.

3. When you’ve sobered up from that, the final episode of playground-sf is up on March 19th. Topic announced on the 9th. I’ve managed a batting average of .400 this year, with selections in November’s O’Neill month (The Occupants) and January’s mini musical theatre month (Meet The Breeders, for which my cast and composer just recorded a demo).

4. My short techno-thriller, #CAIRO, will be satged in Kentucky by Bellarmine University from March 28th thru the 31st as part of the 2nd annual MadThematics Festival.

5. BattleStache Studios will be bringing my film and theatre work to an Oakland venue near you in April. More details as clandestine prep of the super-secret location is declassified.

6. 915 Cayuga Radio has a show on April 7th and a slot in the September Fringe Fest. Come ‘see’ my radio writing and and hear the foley of my alter-intern-ego, Ziggy the whistler, at Brava! And the Exit Theaterplex. It’s the most fully-featured $5 theatre show I know. AND I KNOW CHEAP THEATRE!

7. AlterTheater in San Rafael will feature excerpts of my full-length comedy comission, THE FELLOWSHIP, at an exclusive April salon for subscribers and board members. Stay tuned for details in case I can sneak some of you in.

8. Come ‘see’ my radio writing at the SF Fringe Fest! We've gotten some press up on the SFfringe.org and are presenting the best of our work at the Exit Theaterplex in September.